The National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) states, “Interior design is a multi‐faceted profession in which creative and technical solutions are applied within a structure to achieve a built environment. These solutions are functional, enhance the quality of life and culture of the occupants, and are aesthetically attractive.”
The interior design project manager is one who is hired either by a client or architecture firm that works as a primary designer solo or in conjunction with the architect in designing spaces for a home structure that meets the clients needs and budgets in a functional and aesthetically pleasing way.
I would never think to hire an interior designer when purchasing a new home in its construction phase, or my existing home in its remodeling phase! But after learning how imperative it is, you’ll be surprised how important this decision can be.
An interior and spatial designer is involved in the design or renovation of internal spaces, including structural alterations, furnishings, fixtures and fittings, lighting and color schemes. Interior designers oversee the project from beginning to end.
Interior and spatial designers work in a range of different commercial or residential settings.
Tasks may include:
· Developing initial ideas and discussing requirements in detail with clients and setting project schedules
· Understanding clients' needs and developing design concepts
· Considering materials and costs according to set budgets and negotiating project fees
· Producing 'sample' or 'mood' boards for presentation to clients;
· Sourcing products, e.g. fittings, furniture, lighting, finishes, decoration and dressing, and providing samples for clients
· Supervising work at the design stage and on site
· Working closely with architects and other design professionals to determine the best use of space, and with manufacturers and contractors
· Keeping up to date with new developments in the design industry
So whether you are remodeling or creating new construction for your home or commercial space, choose an interior designer with extensive experience like – Piazza di Cappa – to ensure an efficiently-run, functional, elegant, works-with-your-specific-lifestyle space!